Just a little update on what is going on, unfortunately it's not all good news! After being blessed by missing the first company lay off, The tragic economy has struck our family and I was laid off at the end of April. The company is hoping to be able to call people back sometime during the summer/fall, but with over 100 people laid off in our company there still are no guarantees who will be called back or when. In the meantime I am looking for other opportunities to open up and looking into the possibility of using the "No worker left behind" program to take a course in basic Medical Terminology in the hopes of doing work in Medical Transcription, from home if possible.
On to the good topics! To provide me some much needed good thoughts I have been working to start planning for Marianne's 5Th birthday party! It is so exciting for me to be able to plan this and look forward to watching Marianne have fun with all her cousins and friends, and for me to be spend to sit and talk with everyone.
Mom is still doing well with her treatments. Next week is her last 2-week treatment and then she will move onto her remaining 4 treatments every three weeks. Everyone, especially Mom is looking forward to having a little more time in between treatments. This first group as been a real challenge since just as she feel well enough to move around a bit and have a little activity, it is time for the next treatment! But as I often tell her when she is feeling down, it will all be worth it after her last treatment on August 13...when she can have more time to spend with all of her family and friends, and to watch all of the kids as the grow! The past 6 or so months have been difficult and I know at times she wonders if she made the right choice, but I always tell her...well, I think this was better then the alternative!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment